Air Flow Simulation (CFR 232, 238)
BACKGROUND & PROBLEM: Difficult to convey how air flows through the locomotive and how components are interconnected. Knowing this information would benefit Conductors and Freight Car Mechanics performing inspections.
SOLUTION OVERVIEW: Using a 2D & 3D representation of the air system including reservoirs, valves, brake pipes, cylinders, control stand and more, a student is able to observe air pressure throughout the system as the train charges and when states change.
Visualization of air flow through a locomotive.
Allows student to manipulate independent and automatic brakes to see how these changes affect the pressure throughout the system.
Gives student additional practice at their own pace.
Used for: Classroom Training, Self-Paced/Refresher Learning
- Visually show air flow through locomotive.
- Explore air system components.
- Manipulate independent and automatic brakes.
- Real-time changes in pressure throughout the system.
Locomotive type: GP38-2
Available on PC, Mac, iOS, Android, LMS
- Improved knowledge of air system components and air flow through locomotive components.
A standardized training resource.
- A formalized tool for refresher training.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
After using the sim, employees should be able to:
- Identify relevant components of air system
- Understand how and why pressure in the system changes
- Improved understanding of inspections and procedures related to the air brake system, i.e. Class 1 Air Brake Test and Locomotive Daily Inspection
Download the Air Flow Sim Brochure here.
Want to license this training solution for your workforce? Reach out here – email@example.com or call 888.781.0274 ext. 701
View our complete Catalog of Rail Training Solutions available for your team to deploy today.