Does the idea of improving the way people learn and train excite you? Are you eager to collaboratively tackle the hard problems in technology?
We are seeking a Senior Developer to develop 3D interactive virtual simulation software for training and serious games. The position requires a self-disciplined person who is detailed oriented and can work closely with our development team to create high quality experiences and applications tailored for specific customer use cases.
We are Heartwood 3D – we match the best of gaming technologies with the most effective training methodologies – to create the gold standard in simulation-based training for our users. Curious? – have a look at what we do here.
Heartwood, Inc. is seeking a Senior Developer. You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks across many parts of our simulations. This includes new feature development, debugging, and optimization. The role requires excellent communication skills and autonomy as you will be working with a fully remote team.
- Deliver realistic 3D simulations and visualization using game engines.
- Investigating development issues and fixing them on the fly.
- Find or develop tools and processes to make the development process more efficient.
- Coordinate with the team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning.
- Developing editor tools for supporting design and development teams.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of game development experience in a programming role.
- Prior experience as a Unity developer.
- Strong design sensibilities and communication skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the software development cycle.
- Expert level at C#.
- Strong knowledge of game engine systems and performance, as well as data structures and algorithms.
- Experience developing Unity editor tools.
- Proficiency in writing clean, readable, and efficient code.
- Experience with Agile / Project management tools.
How to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3503033307
We believe critical, complex information should be easy to follow, learn and master.
We build visual, interactive, and intuitive applications that do just that.
Heartwood helps Operations & Maintenance workforce learn complex procedures by allowing them to practice on equipment virtually by deploying 3D Interactive Training applications. Our customers use Heartwood as a portable and scalable alternative to ineffective manuals, passive e-learning and costly hands-on training.
Heartwood is an exciting, high-growth company that has won multiple awards. There is considerable potential for a dynamic and motivated individual to grow with us! We offer one of the best employee-friendly work environments you can come across and are very passionate about company culture.