Sales Development Representative
Job Title: Sales Development Representative
Reporting to: Director of Sales
Primary Function: Prospect into $1B+ revenue Enterprises and set meetings for an Account Executive
Salary: OTE will range based on experience and will be a combination of base + commission (70/30 split)
Other: Opportunity to outline a clear career path to becoming an Account Executive
Location: San Mateo, California
Are you looking to join a innoviative technology company while building a career in sales? Do you want to be surrounded by top notch leadership and mentors without being micro managed? Do you want to work with a groundbreaking solution, created by some of the best engineers on the planet?
I’m Neil, the Chief Revenue Officer here at Heartwood, and if you answered yes to any of the above then we should chat because I’m looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the team!
You might be saying to yourself, “Okay that sounds great but what would I actually be selling?” Great question. Let’s start with the problem we solve first…Traditional eLearning and training courses for some of the world’s largest companies are mostly passive, not allowing for students to practice. There is a lot of showing, but not much doing. Trainees simply don’t not have the opportunity to perform the procedures the same way they could in a live training session. Live sessions on the other hand, are expensive, hard to schedule and not scalable.
Heartwood’s 3D Interactive Training empowers a workforce to practice on virtual equipment that is replicated in form & function, allowing them to ‘learn-by-doing’ anytime, anywhere and on any device. This in turn reduces training costs, accelerates employee learning and decreases expensive live training by being Visual, Interactive and Portable.
The Sales Development Representatives that we’re looking for will generate new business opportunities by prospecting into defined industries, guided by our best practices while drawing from your past experience. You’ll identify and research lists of companies to target while having access to extremely rich data on the company and contacts you’re approaching.
- Prospect into a defined list of accounts and schedule discovery meetings for an Account Executive
- Identify and engage with a varying degree of contacts, from Executives to Managers, in a consultative manner
- High volume of daily outbound activity (cold calls, emails, social selling, etc.)
- Ensure all data is meticulously documented and managed within Salesforce
- Remain coachable as you work with an Account Executive on a 1:1 basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6mons of sales development experience
- 6mons of experience using Salesforce
- Demonstrate success of consistently achieving monthly quota/goals
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (cold calling, social selling, etc.)
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and carry great phone etiquette