Raj Raheja provides a leading voice for the future of 3D Interactivity and Visual technologies. He believes in sandwiching great technologies together and therefore, leans more towards Innovation than pure Invention. In 2002, Raj co-founded Heartwood with Neil Wadhawan. Today, he splits his time between operating the company and on new technology development, his real passion. If it’s Visual or Virtual, then Raj is interested in it.
Some of his current interests include:
- Mobile 3D Applications
- Simulation engines
- Augmented Reality & Reality Capture in 3D
Raj has won several key awards, including:
- Entrepreneur of the Year’ award (San Francisco Business Times)
- Inc. 500|5000 Fastest Growing Company Founder.
- Honored as Co-founder, 13th of 50 Fastest Growing Companies in the SFO East Bay Area by The Business Times Group.
- Certificate of Recognition, California State Assembly, for ‘one of the finest entrepreneurs in the San Francisco Bay Area’
Raj has been featured in ‘Entrepreneur’ & 'Inc.' Magazine, San Francisco Business Times, Silicon Valley Business Journal, Military Training Technology (MT2), Business Standard, The Sentinel (Cover Story), India West (Cover Story), and India Post.
Raj loves the water. He swims and plays tennis between project deadlines. Raj encourages everyone at the company to live a complete life, sometimes dragging them away from their desks!